Google’s big event of 2019, #Madebygoogle, held in New York on Tuesday, October 15th was the hot topic of discussion in #socialmedia. The highlights of the event included launch news and updates around Stadia, Pixel buds, Pixelbook Go, Nest Aware, Nest WiFi, Nest mini, Pixel 4, etc.
The #socialmedia conversation volumes surged to 52K+ within the first 24 hours of the event. Thousands of netizens all across the globe were found speaking about the event and the products launched at the event.
Google’s tweet from the official “Made by Google” handle announcing the features of #Pixel4 garnered a total engagement of 14,90,300.
Google’s flagship #Android phone, Pixel 4 was the most discussed product.
The major themes of discussions that emerged on social media were:
- Battery life
- Camera specifications
- Two #cameras on the back (12.2 megapixel f/1.7 main camera and a 16-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto lens) and one on the front (8 megapixels).
- HDR preview with dual exposure controls, #AI driven “learning” white balance and an improved Night Sight mode that can handle taking photos of starlit nights
- AI-centric #software to improve #photos
- 6GB of RAM
- Snapdragon 855 chipset
- Radar chips “Project Soli”
- Release Date
- OLED Display, #DualCamera setup, motion sense #technology
Front-facing HDR+ feature on Google Pixel 4 was the most discussed theme over social media. A few Google Pixel fans from #India expressed their disappointment that #Pixel won’t be available in India. The video tweet of the unboxing of Google Pixel 4, by an #influential #content #creator, turned viral and garnered an engagement of 144657. Pixel 4 #review video by an influential #techie, GadgetsBoy, also had wider outreach.