Social Media Campaign AnalysisHow Customized Analytics Can Sharpen Your Strategies
Today, when I was scrolling through my Twitter feed, I came across an ad by an automotive company about the new SUV they had launched. The post looked suave and stylish. But how many did it convert? That got me thinking. The number of campaigns run by companies on social media channels very year is increasing. But how many of these campaigns are really effective? Are these campaigns meeting the objectives? Are they increasing brand awareness? Have they changed the brand perception? Is the brand more popular? Social media is a platform where everybody is talking and trying to get attention. But the most successful campaigns are the ones that get others talking about you on social media! Campaign Performance Metrics Most companies today use the common digital metrics of clicks, likes, shares, views, etc. to measure campaign performance. But is that the right approach? I would say no! Each campaign is executed with a predefined goal. The performance of the campaign needs to be measured against this goal to understand how effective it was. The results need to be reviewed and analyzed to understand the bigger picture. At the end of the day what matters is was the objective met? Hence, we recommend social media analytics that helps you understand the real performance of the campaigns. They say measure it right to manage it right. So that’s what we do! We help you measure not just the digital numbers but their impact on your target audience. We help you move beyond the obvious numbers and determine what these numbers mean to you. We help you understand aspects like sentiment, perception, and awareness driven by your campaigns. Social Media Analytics & Campaign Management When used correctly, social media analytics can help you across the entire campaign lifecycle.
- During Campaign
- After Campaign
- Sentiment: We know that campaigns are intended to get people talking. But what you want is a positive discussion. So, it makes sense to track positive customer conversations for insights around the themes of discussion and the sentiments associated with them. This can become vital in planning your next campaign.
- Perception: This becomes critical when your campaigns are intended to change your brand’s perception. Tracking social media conversations will help you understand if your campaign was able to influence this perception or not. If not, you can think of new tactics you may need to use.
- Awareness: The digital metrics of impressions and reach can be misleading. Instead you should be analyzing conversations to see the bigger picture. If people are talking about your campaign or brand, then what they are talking about and how they are engaging with it will give you the true measurement of awareness.
- Audience: It’s one thing to have people talk about your brand. But its’s a whole another thing to have your target audience talk about your brand! Social media analytics can assist in targeting relevant audience more precisely than ever before. You can build better target audience profiles and communication strategies.
- Influence to Purchase: At the end of the day, all marketing campaigns are supposed to drive sales. Social media analytics can help you track any changes that occur over the buying cycles of customers. You can then make better decisions on how to influence your target audience to purchase from you.